Friday, November 16, 2007

Revit Phases: Revisited

I hate it when I don't follow my own advice.

A while back, I wrote about the challenges of making your Revit applications phase aware.

Well, apparently I wasn't listening to myself as much as I should have - because one day after release of our Revit Utilities, we spotted a couple of scenarios and quirks with phasing that we hadn't considered in the Room Renumber, Door Mark Update and Earth Connector.

The updates to address this (marked as "version 1.0.2876" should be posted soon on the Revit Utilties page).

For the developers out there, let me give you a few additional reminders:

  • Rooms have one and only one phase.
  • Doors and Windows potentially open To/From different rooms (depending on the phase).
  • If you don't specify which phase you want the To/From data for, it is presumed you want it for the final phase.
  • When you get the array of Revit Phases - they are given to you in their order of creation - NOT THEIR SEQUENCE. You have to re-figure them in order by looking at their PHASE_SEQUENCE_NUMBER.

While we found most of these issues before a customer did - it's still annoying when you make the mistake that you warn others about. :)

-M

No comments: